The life of a solar water heater is divided into production, purchase, installation, use, maintenance, repair, and recycling. No matter what happens at any stage, it must be rejuvenated by maintenance, otherwise it can only be recycled. Therefore, the repair of solar water heaters is particularly important. Let’s talk about repairs today.
Solar water heater repair
Fault 1: The weather is fine and the water in the hot water system is not hot.
Phenomenon: In the case of good sunshine, there is no drip in the system, and it is hot to touch the cover of the collector by hand.
1. The circulation pipeline is blocked; repair method: dredge or replace the pipeline.
2. The upper and lower circulation pipes are seriously reversed;
3. The collector is placed obliquely, and the side of the lower circulation tube is higher than the side of the upper circulation tube, forming air resistance and causing the system to not circulate. Maintenance method: accurately measure the length of the upper and lower circulation pipes and remove the reverse slope; adjust the collector so that the side of the upper circulation pipe is slightly higher than the side of the lower circulation pipe.
4. The water level in the hot water tank is lower than the upper circulation nozzle, so that the system cannot form a circulation loop. The maintenance method adjusts the water level to above the upper circulation pipe. If you use the falling water type or floating ball to get water, be sure to fill the water after using it.
Fault 2: The weather is fine, and the water temperature of the hot water system is not high, which fails to meet the requirements.
Phenomenon: The sunshine is good, the cover of the collector is not hot when touching by hand, and there is a temperature difference between the upper and lower circulation tubes.
1. The area of the hot water tank and the collector are not matched, and the capacity of the water tank is too large.
Maintenance method: increase the heat collection area to match the capacity of the water tank.
2. There is water leakage in the system.
3. The system has dripping phenomenon.
Maintenance method: repair the drip and eliminate the drip.
4. The wing tube of the collector extends too long into the header.
Repair method: replace the collector.
Fault 3: There is hot water in the hot water tank, but it cannot be released.
1. Water is drawn by the open water tank top water method, the water source water pressure is not enough, and there is no cold water replenishment.
Repair method: add a high-level water tank to increase water pressure.
2. The siphon-type water intake of the airtight water tank, due to the rise of water temperature, vapor evaporation or because the pipe joints are not tightly sealed, the negative pressure of the water tank sucks in air, forming the vapor resistance of the water tank.
Maintenance method: Open the exhaust port to exhaust the gas in the water tank, and fill the water tank with water.