Gel battery is an improvement of ordinary lead-acid battery with liquid electrolyte. It replaces sulfuric acid electrolyte with colloidal electrolyte, which is better than ordinary batteries in terms of safety, storage capacity, discharge performance and service life.
The gel battery uses gel electrolyte, no free liquid inside. Under the same volume, the electrolyte capacity is large, the heat capacity is large, and the heat dissipation ability is strong, which can avoid the phenomenon of thermal runaway in general batteries; the electrolyte concentration is low, and the electrode plate is corrosive. Weak; uniform concentration, no electrolyte stratification.
A lithium battery is a primary battery that uses lithium metal or lithium alloy as the negative electrode material and uses a non-aqueous electrolyte solution. It is different from a rechargeable battery, a lithium ion battery, and a lithium ion polymer battery. Due to the very active chemical properties of lithium metal, the processing, storage and use of lithium metal have very high environmental requirements. Therefore, the production and use cost of lithium batteries is very high.
Characteristics of gel batteries
1. High quality and long service life. The colloidal solid electrolyte can form a solid protective layer on the electrode plate to prevent the electrode plate from being corroded, and at the same time reduce the plate bending phenomenon and the electrode plate short circuit when the battery is used under heavy load, and better prevent the active material of the electrode plate from softening and falling off , It has good physical and chemical protection.
2. It is safe to use and environmentally friendly. There is no acid mist gas precipitation, no electrolyte overflow, no combustion, no explosion, no corrosion to the car body, no pollution. Since the electrolyte is solid, even if the battery shell ruptures accidentally during use, it can still be used normally, and no liquid sulfuric acid can flow out.
3. High efficiency and good performance. The self-discharge of the colloidal battery is small, which is conducive to long-term storage; the deep discharge performance is high, which is conducive to improving the utilization rate of the active material and the discharge capacity; the deep discharge and overdischarge recovery ability is strong.
4. Convenient and quick to use, no need for frequent maintenance. The surface of the product is clean and free of dirt; one-time electrolyte perfusion, which will never add acid for life, can save a lot of energy and maintenance and maintenance costs.
5. Less water loss. The oxygen circulation design has pores that facilitate the diffusion of oxygen, and the precipitated oxygen can chemically react with the negative electrode material, so there is less gas evolution during the charge and discharge process, and less water loss.
6. Long shelving time. It has good resistance to plate sulfation and reduction of grid corrosion, and has a long storage period.
7. Less self-discharge.
8. Good starting performance at low temperature. Because the sulfuric acid electrolyte exists in the gel, although the internal resistance is slightly larger, the internal resistance of the gel electrolyte does not change much at low temperatures, so its low-temperature start-up performance is good.
9. High charging efficiency. The special charging method can fully activate the active material and increase the battery capacity.
10. The use environment (temperature) is wide, especially suitable for cold weather. The gel battery can be used normally within the temperature difference range of -40℃～65℃, which effectively solves the problem of difficulty in starting up due to the traditional lead-acid battery in the high-cold area and other high-temperature areas.
Compared with gel batteries, lithium batteries have a higher average voltage and high energy density. In other words, a battery of the same size has more lithium battery capacity. In addition, lithium batteries are relatively lightweight, easy to carry, and have a relatively long life.
Of course, lithium batteries also have three shortcomings. Their safety and stability are relatively poor. If they are not handled properly, they are prone to explosion risks. In addition, lithium batteries cannot be discharged at high currents, and production requirements are high, and the cost is higher.